Over the past five years, HCC has developed an expansive college credit entrepreneurship academic program. This evidence based, experiential program has emerged as a nationally recognized leader in community college entrepreneurship education. Based upon a pathway framework, students can complete a 12 credit college certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, a 25 credit college credit certificate in Business development and Entrepreneurship, an AS in Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship Specialization, and an AA Transfer Track – Entrepreneurship Degree. Click here to learn more about our academic resources.
HCC’s Entrepreneurship programs provide the Veteran and Social entrepreneur community with access to mentoring, educational programs, co-working, early stage business accelerator, events, and myriad networking opportunities. These services help mitigate factors that contribute to business failure, while increasing the likelihood of successful start-ups. Visit us at Operation Startup to see more or email the Entrepreneurship team.
Through strong collaborative partnerships with myriad local community, regional and national partners the HCC Entrepreneurship team has built a nationally recognized entrepreneurship program. Drawing upon our successes, Hillsborough Community College encourages entrepreneurship in our community through:
- Comprehensive academic programs, community events, and grant-funded projects
- Active collaboration with 60+ regional partners
- Gaining national recognition and awards from premier entrepreneurship organizations
- The Everyday Entrepreneurship Venture Fund (EEVF) grants program
- An annual awards breakfast to honor those who give back through entrepreneurial education