We know that it can be tough both for those new to the workforce and those looking to reinvent their lives to find their perfect career. To help bring together jobseekers and employers, the HCC Foundation, Hillsborough Community College, the City of Tampa, Port Tampa Bay, the Tampa Bay Chamber, Associated Builders and Contractors, and Reno Building have teamed up to present The Suncoast Credit Union Signing Day on Wednesday, June 23, 2021. Signing Day will be a fun, exciting employment event at Port Tampa Bay’s Terminal 3 that will provide Tampa Bay area jobseekers with the chance to find a great job that leads to a career.
Online registration has closed, but we welcome you to walk up and join us for either the 10:00 a.m. to noon slot or the 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. slot.
Enjoy complimentary food from our food trucks, prizes like Busch Gardens tickets, sports team tickets, and more, as well as interactive displays, a visit from Mayor Jane Castor, free parking, and the chance to network with companies in five key sectors of the Tampa Bay economy, maybe even leading to a job offer!
Check out companies in the exciting fields of construction, manufacturing, business and professional services, healthcare, and hospitality. Employers scheduled to attend include Tampa General Hospital and USF Health, insurance agencies, St. Joseph’s Hospital/Baycare, Suncoast Credit Union, web designers, Charles Perry Partners, Inc., Skanska, architects, home builders, and many more! Click here to view attending employers. Hillsborough Community College and other post-secondary schools will also be on hand to discuss educational opportunities.
• Parking is close and free. The address of Terminal 3 is 815 Channelside Drive, Tampa, 33602. For directions, click here: https://www.porttb.com/cruise-terminal-3. You will follow the blue route to Terminal 3 as if you are dropping off a cruise passenger, then parking will be just past the terminal. Staff will be there to direct you. We also encourage you to take advantage of ride-share services like Uber, and of HART’s bus service, including the trolley, which stops adjacent to the Terminal.
• Professional business casual attire is appropriate at this event.
• Masks are encouraged for those who have not been vaccinated and optional for those who have.
• We recommend that you bring 15-20 copies of your resume for employers, as well as your driver’s license or other form of identification.
• Be ready to answer questions about your skills and experience for employers!
• Check out the list of employers so you can be ready to visit the ones you are most interested in: https://hccfoundation.com/participatingemployers/
• Food trucks will open at 10:00 a.m. and remain open until 3:30 p.m. When you check in at registration on the second floor of Terminal 3, you will get two tickets good for food from two of our three trucks. Vegetarian options are available.
• When you check in, you will also receive a ticket for our raffle. Prizes include a pair of AirPods Pro, Amazon gift cards, a hotel stay at the Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas, and more!
• Please tag us on social media using #signingday2021 and tag our partners and our Presenting Sponsor, Suncoast Credit Union at #SuncoastCU! You might win a prize!